Sunday, March 24, 2013

Reality check

I'm sitting 6 weeks out from the Emerald Cup. It can't get here fast enough!!! Not because I'm not enjoying the prep process, but because I want to be in that moment again. On stage, nervous as all hell, feeling as fabulous as ever, having a great time! The 2013 NPC Western Regional in Mesa Arizona was this weekend, and seeing all the posts and pictures on FaceBook got me super excited for the next 6 weeks and whats to come.
Lately, I've been having a hard time with my scale reading. Its reading heavier than it did 6 weeks out from my previous show. I try not to let it bother me, but lets be real here. It bothers me. Its frustrating when your following the diet and exercise plan and the scale doesn't move like you'd expect. But thats part of the problem. I need to just be better about removing my own expectations that I don't have control over. I have complete trust in Jason and his program and I need to just let go and not stress so much. The number on the scale is just that, a number. We use it as a monitoring system since Jason is long distance. Even though I haven't been ecstatic about the number on the scale, I'm seeing the results in the mirror and in the way my clothes fit, and thats what really matters. I was curious to see where my body was at 6 weeks out from my last show. I take progress pics once a week for Jason {even after doing it for over a year now, I dread the selfie pics}, but I am happy that I do have them. With the pictures I was able to compare my progress 6 weeks out from each show! (a good reason to ALWAYS take progress pics) This definitely put my mind at ease. Looks like I'm right on track!!! It was definitely the positive reality check I needed. Theres definitely some growth in my legs and back too! Yahooo!! BOOTY!!! =)





4 comments: