Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Teaming up with NutriShop

We are just 9 short days until myself, and a few hundred athletes grace the Emerald Cup Stage. I couldn't be more excited about it. Craig Productions has been in contact with us during the countdown, updating all athletes on the events during the show, any changes being made and even our competition roster line up. They really have it all together and I'm looking forward to a spectacular weekend of events!
I hit a bump in the road with prep that mentally mind F*&#ED me big time. My body just wasn't progressing like it should of (or like it did so rapidly my first prep). Turns out, this is a completely normal thing for the body to do during your second prep. Which I had heard from numerous people that the 2nd time around was always tougher than the first, but I didn't believe how it could be. So as Jason was calmly sitting back and relaxing, I went into panic, crazy  girl mode on him. *sorry Jason* I knew he had a plan, and I completely trust in his plan. I had to relax, calm my nervous system, let Jason do his job and let time tell. We experimented with a few things, first a diet change (I suggested pancakes but he didn't take to the idea), then we took away all cardio for a while {YAY!!!}, then another diet change and threw in cardio once and a while. When still no changes, *damn stubborn body* we went HAM!!! Major diet and cardio change. I currently am eating 8 times a day. Yes, 8 times a day, like a damn infant! I love it. Means I'm shoveling food every 2 hours. *always a fat girl at heart :)* Cardio is double time. Waking up at the crack of dawn for session one of sprints or stairs, then post workout at night for a "relaxing" incline walk on the treadmill. I was a little shocked when I first got the change up, but I told myself its only for 2 weeks....14 days, thats it. I've had it pretty easy to my standards this whole prep so I can handle 2 weeks of this craziness. Bring it ON!
Put in the work, and get RESULTS! Things are finally moving the way we want them too. =) The next 9 days will be a walk in the park. I'm feeling better then ever both mentally and physically. They say nothing good comes easy right!

In other big news, I am happy to announce and more than pleased to be teaming up with NutriShop in Paradise Valley. If you haven't been by there yet (they just opened in Jan), please stop by and see Chris. He is super knowledgeable in all areas of supplements and just a down right cool guy. He recently just ran in the Boston Marathon!! Kuddos to that! Hes been helping me out a ton with product choices during my prep and I can't thank him enough. I'm so blessed to have someone and a company that supports and stands behind me during my competition and throughout prep. Thank You NutriShop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment