Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Progress

                                             
     We are just shy of the 8 week countdown to the Emerald Cup in Bellevue Washington. I know I say it a lot, but DAMN!....time goes by so quickly. The next 8 weeks is major GO TIME! This is also the fun and crazy part of prep for me. I start to diet down, begin posing multiple times a week with Joe Valdez and his prep crew, the training becomes more focused than ever, and of course, the work and social calendar is always insane. I can NOT skip a beat when it comes to diet and training as we wind down to the end. This means always being prepared. Always having my food pre cooked and measured. Lifting and cardio sessions are always scheduled in for the week. There is no room for excuses. Its that simple. And trust me, it really is once you find a routine and keep the rhythm moving forward.
     On Monday I met with Jessica with Glam Girls Swimwear to design my new competition bikini. She was really sweet and wonderful to work with and I'm really excited about my new suit. =) For this competition I went with a gem tone royal blue. Its going to take about a month to make since it is all custom. I'll post pics when I get it. Its gonna be GORGEOUS!!
     My Sundays will now be booked with trips to Costco with Mommy dearest and group posing with Joe. Along with the group session, I will also be meeting with Joe once a week for one on one posing and walking help. ***much needed*** I'm going to have Joe take a weekly picture documenting the dieting down progress over the next few weeks. I started my carb cycling on Wednesday, (March 6th) so this is when the big transformation will start. This is the portion of prep that I LOVE! Seeing how small tweeks in a diet can drastically change your physique floors me! This is the time where will power, determination, consistency and motivation are all tested. But the results are worth the difficult and trying times.
Carb cycling is basically high and low days of carbs. Even on my low days I'm on a plenty big dosage of delicious carbs, but the high days are an overdose of the delicious carb goodness. ***DISCLAIMER*** ***only carb cycle under the supervision and direction of a coach! do not try this on your own.*** For any diet, nutrition and training advice may I HIGHLY suggest seeking out the brilliant mind of Jason Phillips. =)
     As always, its always hard to post pictures of one self. Especially wearing a super small competition bikini. That being said, only kind words please. If you don't have anything nice to say, just don't say it. It takes a lot to open up and post pics. I'm doing it because I want to share the transformation and experience with all of you. So here it goes!!! Thanks for your support! Let the transformation begin!

3/6//13
3/6/13


***i need a tan***  #whitegirl #winter #casper


1 comment:

  1. Looking great Erica.. your an inspiration. Great job and good luck.. p.s. tell the bro and sis what up!

    T.Banach

    ReplyDelete