Sunday, November 18, 2012

A week later...

   It's been a week since the competition. It felt weird, not training not being on an eating plan, not going to group posing class on Sunday. There was no routine, no plan. It just felt weird. While I did enjoy the first couple of days, I honestly....couldn't wait to get back on a schedule! Now starts my "off season". Which doesn't mean relax and slack off on training or eat whatever I want (I've already done enough of that this week). My training has switched back over to a more heavy strength movement, with some accessory movements and usually finishes with a "crossfit" inspired workout. I'm really enjoying the change and the intensity of the new programming, I actually get nervous when I see the new workout email come in my inbox everyday (a good nervous). Goals are to continue to build more muscle where needed; glutes, shoulders and lats. I would still like to one day try the figure class (probably take a year at least), but for now I'm going to stick to the bikini class and let my physique decide as we get closer to a show, I'm not going to force anything. 
Since its off season I will also get a weekly cheat meal!! YAHOO!!! Time to finally start checking off restaurants on my huge growing list of places I want to check out. And it couldn't be perfect timing for a off season....its the HOLIDAYS!!! Thanksgiving is my favorite, and I'm going to enjoy every bite if it!! =)

   The show was AWESOME! I had such a blast. It truly was such a great experience. I'm looking forward to continue working with Jason and doing my next one in March. 
5th place
I couldn't be more proud of placing in my first show. And also still very shocked at the same time. Every single competitor in every class brought their A game and looked stunning.

Class "E" top 5 line up
I would like to thank my friends, family and co-workers for your kind support. My sister for flying in from CO to come watch. Thank you to everyone that attended the show (especially Mom and Amanda for attending both long, late nights). A BIG thank you to Jason Phillips for all his hard work and dedication over the last year. I can't wait for our next show!! He is truly amazing at what he does! I also couldn't of done it without Joe Valdez and his wife TJ Kelly, along with the rest of Team PT Joe V for all your help with posing and day of show prep, they all made the weekend so effortless. And much love to all my new friends I've made at the show!





1 comment:

  1. Erica, can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of your endurance, poise, and beauty (inside and out). You are a wonderful and thoughtful daughter and friend! I love you!
    M

    ReplyDelete