Saturday, September 1, 2012

Surprise Birthday

Last weekend my dad, sister Kate and my older brother Steve all met back home in Rhode Island to celebrate my grandmothers birthday. It was a BIG birthday. She turned 90 years old, and plans on living until shes 100!!! How great is that! My Dad and Aunt Denise, with the help of my grandmothers "boyfriend" Tommy, planned a surprise party for her. She had no clue that when she walked into the restaurant that there would be 31 people awaiting her arrival with love, warm wishes, hugs and tears. It was such a special moment and she was so excited to see her family and friends all gathered in one room. Although, she was mad at Tommy for keeping the surprise a secret from her. *good work Tommy*
It was so great to to see family I hadn't seen in years, and meet some of my grandmothers friends and "extended" family. Whenever I go back to Rhode Island I tell myself to make it back more often, it had been 2 years since my last visit and that is far to much time in between trips.
My brother captured some awesome candid moments during the party. He has quite the knack for photography.
a loving moment


Happy Birthday Grandma Marie

Dad and Mom

Steve and G-ma
grandma was 24 in the picture


dad couldn't get through the toast without tears

 




"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

No comments:

Post a Comment